Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

trishna

K and I went to Mumbai last week for work. I've always heard about this great seafood restaurant called Trishna but never got to try it during the last 4x i've been to Mumbai. Last week, however, K and I decided to try it.

We went to the branch in Andheri (West), which was about an hour away from the hotel. There were some areas going to the restaurant that was really traffic and crowded. I don't know if it's because a) it's rush hour, b) it was new year, c) it was a place with lots of street tiangges or d) it's always traffic in India. My guess is a little bit of all of them.

When we got there, the place was no full of people yet (around 2 tables occupied). It was only around 7pm so most people haven't started dinner yet. I also heard the place is quite expensive for average Indians so they only go there for special occasions and the restaurant is more popular with tourists and foreigners.

We ordered 3 dishes.. first, a jumbo pomfret cooked in Hyderabadi Tikka style. We had no idea what the hyderabadi tikka style would be like (something with black pepper and i dont know what the yellow substance was), it was recommended by the waiter so we followed his advice. And it was a good idea coz the fish was aromatic and flavorful. It was a bit big though (jumbo nga eh) and I ended up eating 4 pcs and K ate the rest (around 5-6 pcs). I tried searching for the recipe and i guess this might be the closest http://food.sulekha.com/hyderabadi-fish-id8341-22487-recipe.htm
Next we ordered 2 jumbo tiger prawns grilled with cheese and butter. I was not expecting the prawns to be overpowered and stuffed with cheese, but the it tasted good (though a bit heavy coz the cheese was really thick!)
And last, was a king crab cooked with butter and garlic. I was a bit disappointed with the crab because it didn't look like a "king" crab. I probably would have made a fuss if i was still hungry but the 2 dishes left me so full, i barely had enough room for the crab. But still it was super delicious and loved every crabmeat I could get!
Overall, the food was delightful and I would love to come back next time and try the other recipes!

Here are some links raving about Trishna
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g304554-d804915-Reviews-Trishna-Mumbai_Bombay_Maharashtra.html
http://www.frommers.com/destinations/mumbai/D34789.html
http://grandnunkim.blogspot.com/2009/01/trishna-andheri-mumbai.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment