Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

june book challenge

today was a busy month for me so wasn't able to read as much as i hoped :(

40. Christie Craig - Weddings Can Be Murder
First time for me to read her books. Actually ok, but nothing new. However i'd still give it 3 1/2 stars coz it was a light and fun read.

41. Courtney Summers - Cracked Up To Be
4 stars. All throughout the story, the writer hinted that the girl did something bad, but it was only the final chapter that the writer revealed exactly what it was that she did so horrible that she self-destructed. I thought the "mystery" dragged. I would have liked it better if the twist was revealed 3/4 into the story so that the post-twist and the healing/epilogue could have been better. Unless the writer was thinking of a sequel.

42. Hailey Abbott - The Secrets of Boys
The writing is good but i just didn't feel the story. The perfect boyfriend was actually nice and she cheated on him with the guy she ended up (who i felt was too old for her). If John Lloyd is the overlap king, the girl is the overlap queen. I can't believe the writer didn't even made the girl tell both guys. If felt like she got away and that it's okay to secretly date another guy when you're in a relationship with another and not telling anyone about it. And i'm not sure what was the purpose of the guy friend who went to camp. so i would give this book only 3 stars.
43. Lisa Gardner - The Neighbor
While I love reading Gardner's books (she'd pretty good building up the suspense), I've always felt that the killer is always someone that is not connected from the story (that's why it's hard to guess). For this book, the beginning got me hooked. Loved that we got the different views of the detective and the 3 suspects in every chapter, but near the end, it's already hinting that all 3 were innocent.. so where was the wife?? Is she dead or alive? The "twist" was okay for me, but felt the author rushed it. and the reason for everything that happened was kind of disappointing. It wasn't as shocking as I thought it could be. but overall, this was a good suspense novel. I give this book 4 stars. Now if only Gardner gave DD Warren a partner, i would have rated this 4 1/2 stars.

44. Hailey Abbott - The Other Boy
4 stars. This book is better because there were just 2 guys and you can really see the change in attitude of the girl - from being spoiled bratty to more sensible and mature. I just don't know why Abbott always starts with the girl having the perfect boyfriend (she does it in every single book I've read) then ending up with a cuter but opposite from her. I guess maybe she's telling the young readers to look beyond the looks and the safe zone.. coz you never know who you might be overlooking.

45. Hailey Abbott - Getting Lost with Boys
4 1/2 stars - almost forgot to add this book! this is a fun book where the girl and guy bickers almost all throughout the story but ends up falling in love with each other. the girl again had a boyfriend but he was so awful and totally wrong for her but i was really rooting for cordelia and jake to get together.
I was aiming for 50 books by June 30 but that's okay.. I guess I need to read 5 more books in July to be on track! So 55 books to go!!

PS. heard that the price of Kindle 6" went down to USD189!! Damn!! i should have waited for a few more months! but that's okay. I'm having fun with it already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment