Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 31, 2010

july book challenge

i was in mumbai for 1 1/2 weeks so wasn't able to read that much books... like my boss said, productivity of the team is high when we are in mumbai.. it's because everyone wants to go home asap! that's why we worked our butts off until 8pm then have dinner and i would be so tired, i would just go to sleep.
46. Jeff Kinney - Dog Days
still a cute series but i feel like he's ripping people off, writing a short book about what Wimpy Kid did for just one summer. 4 stars.

47. Julie James - Something About You
i have to thank my friend C for introducing me to this author. her books are always a breezy read with fun characters and lovable romance! 4 1/2 stars.

48. Cindy Gerard - To the Edge
i used to love buying her Harlequin/Silhouette books whenever I see them in booksale. This is my first time reading her stand alone novels and it's quite good. A bit of romance and action. This is the first of the Bodyguards series. 4 stars.
49. Eleanor Herman - Sex with the Queen
I've always been fascinated about history, esp if it involves a bit of interesting tidbits and behind the scenes tale of kings and queens. The first few stories of the queens were fascinating, but there were so many queens in the book and it's sad to actually read that they all suffered the same fate and went on the same path of destruction and power. The last bit on Princess Diana was a bit shocking. Didn't realise that behind the sad and pretty facade lies a needy and manipulative b*tch. but of course these maybe half-truths and she may have led a miserable life so who are we to judge? 4 stars.
50. Laura Griffin - Thread of Fear
My cousin C recommended this author to me. Her writing kept me interested to finish the series except she was like Lisa Gardner, the killer was so out of the blue and unexpected. It was like she just needed a plot to start the ball rolling and focused entirely on the romance part and then wham! last chapter they finally figure out the killer and it's nobody important. But still a good read. 4 stars.
51. Leslie Kelly - Suite Seduction
For a while I've stopped reading Harlequin and Silhouette romances but have recently gone back to my habit. The plot is nothing new but she kept it fresh by injecting lots of funny scenes and romantic moments. I would love to read the rest of her books. 4 1/2 stars.
52. Marie Force - Line of Scrimmage
I love reading about sports romances (Deirdre Martin, Susan Phillips, Rachel Gibson) so I tried this book... and loved it! 4 1/2 stars.
actually, not bad. i was able to breach the 50th book mark! Hooray!! 48 books to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment