Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 13, 2011

china

After 30 years of existence im finally going to china! My ancestor's homeland. I have studied the chinesw map, mandarin and chinese history all through out high school. Been fascinated with kung fu movies and wanting to visit the great wall and now i finally can!

As a first timer i had to gather alot of requirements for the chinese visa. After more than 2 weeks of completing my requirements my friend and i decided on a good day to submit our application. Our plan was to go there around 8am to get a number and hope that we finish before lunch (we both had to go to work in the afternoon). The night before d-day i was checking my requirements when i realized that i still did not receive my coe from hr. I asked for the coe a week ago and 2 days ago hr called me up to say that theyve sent it via messenger. The next day was when typhoon nesat came and due to the chaos i forgot to follow up on it. Turns out the messenger didnt deliver it to my office. Since i only discovered it around 7pm, the mailroom crew have left for the day and they told me to come back early morning.

The next day i hurriedly dropped by the office at 8am to speak to mailroom. It was around 8.30 when they were able to trace the document. It was still in the branch. I thanked the cres person and told her to hang on to it while i make my way to makati. Meanwhile my friend was already in the embassy and took a number. We were no 309. Since my office was near rizal drive i took the buendia flyover to makati. Big mistake. I was stuck for more than 30mins! Seemed like everyone wanted to go to makati. When i reached makati avenue the coast was clear.. the main traffic was only in the buendia section. I sped fast until i reached ayala ave. I forgot to ask the cres lady to meet me downstairs so i had to park at the basement, run up the 23rd floor, pickup the document and leave the building. It was alteady 9.30am and my friend said that we were just 7 nos away! Good thing i was quite familiar with the roads and the embassy as ive been there several times before and even got lost trying to navigate the one way street that i wad able to reach the embassy in less than 10mins. I was so panicky i didnt even bother changing my driving shoes and just ran to the 2nd floor. When i met my friend u saw the no being served was 304. Whew!!! Made it!!!

Our turn came and we nervously waited while the lady checked our requirements. I was so relieved that she handed me the pink slip which means okay and to pick up the passport 4 days later. However they did not accept my friend's bank stayement. We had to go to the bpi branch across the embassy, transfer sone money to her account, get a bank certification and go back to the embassy. Good thing we were only got for less than 30mins. My friend went back to the same lady who allowed her to cut in rather than take a new no. Minutes later she got her pink slip too and we went back to the office.

My friend went back to the embassy last thur to pay the fee and pickup our passports! Yehey so now were busy planning and packing for our trip!! Will definitely blog about it when im back!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

0 comments:

Post a Comment