Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

k-drama triple review

this is long time coming but haven't had the chance to write about this k-dramas that i watched last year (i know.. so delayed).

Prosecutor Princess
Title: 검사 프린세스 / Geomsa Princess
Previously known as: 검사 마타하리 / Prosecutor Mata Hari
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2010-Mar-31 to 2010-May-20
Air time: Wednesdays & Thursdays 21:55

Synopsis: Ma Hye Ri is a woman with an excellent memory and ability to focus, which allowed her to pass the bar exam with ease. Despite her talents, she is more interested in being fashionable and dislikes hard work so she is far from being an ideal prosecutor and has doubts about her suitability for her job. Through her conflicts with senior colleages and struggles with difficult cases, however, Hye Ri gradually matures into a brilliant prosecutor with a sense of duty and justice.

Cast:

Kim So Yeon as Ma Hye Ri
Park Shi Hoo as Seo In Woo

Review:
I only know Kim So Yeon from All About Eve where she played a really bitchy and bitter woman to Chae Rim's character and her risque outfits during award shows. However, I was interested in watching this show after reading that she was sort of like Elle Woods in Legally Blonde, which is one of my favorite Reese Witherspoon movies. When i first started watching the show, I liked it immediately because the first few episodes were more comedy and instantly rooted for Ma Hye Ri. It's also great that KSY had immense chemistry with PSH which made watching kiligable. I also loved all of KSY's outfits, even though some are outlandish.

I also liked the episodal cases that they handle and I love how the drama showed Ma Hye Ri's growth from a spoiled sheltered rich woman to someone who is more compassionate and more understanding. The main conflict (did MHR's dad kill PSH's dad?) was believable and mysterious, and it kept me guessing and analyzing all through out the series on how it will all end. I felt the pain and the love between the 2 characters and funny, even though MHR's dad was scary and strict, I actually liked him and I was so glad everything worked out well in the end. I was however quite bored with the 2 secondary leads (the two lawyers) though i did liked the way the guy proposed to the girl (by using Lee Seung Gi's Will You Marry Me as a ringtone). Overall, I loved this series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment