Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Eggplant with tomato sauce recipe

Im not a good cook. Ive never even had training in cooking aside from the few times my mom taught me some dishes at home. Now that im living on my own i wanted to learn how to cook. At least just enough not to starve and resort to buying take outs everyday coz that would be expensive and unhealthy.

And so i have invented my own recipes using whatever food supply i have at home.

Last friday my friend and i ate at cantinetta and ordered baked eggplant. It was so good it tasted like lasagna. Tonight i opened my ref and saw that i only have 2 pieces of eggplant left. Inspired, i decided to create my own version.

Ingredients:
2 eggplant, sliced into pieces
1 small can of chili corned tuna
1 pouch of spaghetti sauce

Procedure:
Mix eggplant with salt and pepper and cook til it softens. On the other side, heat the tuna with the spaghetti sauce. Once eggplant is cooked mix them with the sauce and add quickmelt cheese and let it simmer. Voila! Instant dinner!

I substituted tomato sauce with spaghetti sauce to add flavor. I used tuna instead of beef as a healthy alternative. Then i added cheese to have that cheesy lasagna taste. The chili in the tuna also helped with the taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment